Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: how to balance supply in both breasts

Default how to balance supply in both breasts

please help me with some advice how to make both of my breasts produce more or less the same. my left is producing less - when my daughter was about 1 month old my left nipple hurt horribly (more than the right) so i only hand expressed from that side for a while. i think that's what decreased the supply on that side.

anyway, for a while my right felt fuller and more leaky but i would nurse from one breast per feeding and things were ok. however lately i feel like my daughter is not getting full when nursing from the left side, so i offer the right as well. so now my feedings are: left, right... right... left, right... right, etc. so the right side is getting more stimulation, which is the opposite of what i want. it's a vicious cycle! ahhh!. what can i do to balance things out??
    Baby girl born 10-15-2010

with tongue tie - hardest thing i've ever done, and the most rewarding. Also , and

Default Re: how to balance supply in both breasts

This link covers lopsidedness and uneven production: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/lopsided.html
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"