Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Craniosacral Therapy

Default Craniosacral Therapy

My specific situation is mostly in another thread (http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=98118) , but an LC I visited mentioned this as a possibility.

http://www.llli.org/llleaderweb/LV/LVAugSep01p82.html

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/baby/cst.html

I don't really know much other than what I read. Has anyone tried this for breastfeeding difficulties? I'm naturally skeptical, but I want it to work so bad I'd probably try anything. Just looking for thoughts.

Default Re: Craniosacral Therapy

We didn't so much have breastfeeding difficulties, but we did do craniosacral therapy for our son when he was tiny. He had plagiocephaly. The CT was a wonderful experience. It was relaxing and gentle, and for some reason, he always pooped when it got going. But it did make a huge difference in the way his head was shaped. And I was surprised to notice early on in the therapy, that his latch changed in a very good way. I hadn't realized it was such a problem until it suddenly wasn't anymore.

I think it can't hurt to give it a try!
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Yes, Yes, YES!!!

I'm a holistic health practitioner and Massage therapist...I can tell you that CT is amazing and does WONDERS for any sort of disorder with the jaw and or neck area. So if your little one is having latch issues then I would say go for it. Its not cheap by any means...but it could really help you.
    Jessica:
    Holistic Health Practioner, Wife, Blogger and most importantly Mommy to my 2 little sidekicks!
    Nursed N for 23 months...round the clock!
    B is 8.5 months and still going strong!
    www.clothdiaperingmama.com

Glad for the reply. Really not sure if Connor's insurance will cover it, and the place I called charges $300. I REALLY wish I could use my insurance. They cover everything.

It's very frustrating. At the same time it's getting so bad where I don't want to take him anywhere where there might be other moms to judge and I feel depressed everytime I feed him, so it might be wise to save my psyche. We will see. . .

I have had craniosacral therapy from my osteopath for six years for myself, and I LOVE it.

I brought Max when he was getting recurrent ear infections around 3-6 months and he's never had another since he started being treated. (And it's really cute to watch )

Isn't your baby's insurance through your work?? I actually never even got a referral because I didn't want to deal - I just brought Max with me during my appointments and he did some work. Some people might be open to that? This guy also trades his services for blueberry muffins and would treat the whole town for free if he had time -- but there are people like that everywhere!
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it