Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Daily use of Mother's Milk Tea and Motherlove More Milk

Default Daily use of Mother's Milk Tea and Motherlove More Milk

Ever since I went back to work 12 week postpartum, I have been drinking between 3-5 cups of Mother's Milk Tea or Yogi's Mother's Nursing Support tea every single day in order to keep my supply up for my 6 month old. About a month ago, I had to add Motherlove More Milk Plus to the tea about every other day to keep my supply up. I know all of these supplements are suppose to be safe to drink while nursing but it is really okay to drink these supplements every day for 3 months and more? I think I will have to continue to drink the tea and the Motherlove for another 6 more months (I would like to breastfeed for at least a year) to make enough for my son while working full time. I just don't want the tea to affect him negatively in any way. Thanks!

Default Re: Daily use of Mother's Milk Tea and Motherlove More Milk

I think it's fine.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

intersection of Mommy Guilt and True Bliss

Default Re: Daily use of Mother's Milk Tea and Motherlove More Milk

I agree. You should be fine. You can always back off if your LO starts having issues.
    Lori
    Mom to daughter (8/17/07) and mom to fraternal twin sons (1/5/10)

*Mom with chronic health issues, NICU babies, reflux sufferers, multiple food allergies (mom and kids)
    *DD birthweight 5lb, 14oz, now 26lb, 4oz
    *DS1 birthweight 4lb, 6oz, now 19lb
    *DS2 birthweight 4lb, 2oz, now 18lb, 12oz

**An EXCELLENT speller, unless I have either a child on my lap or I'm using my cell phone!**

EP MOM FOR 14.5 MONTHS - NOW USING UP MY FROZEN BM SUPPLY!