This sounds exactly like what I went through with my first. I made it to the six week mark and ended up giving up. Nursing hurt more than labor. I bought a pump, and it hurt a ton as well and I never got much milk. But I would leak and I would get engorged, so I know it wasn't a supply issue.

I saw a LC who said that the latch was great, that it shouldn't hurt anymore. There were issues with the latch, I know now because my nipple always looked pointy after she nursed. I remember crying so much because I wanted to nurse so bad, but with all the info I had at the time it seemed like it just wasn't going to work.

Number two nursed for two weeks, until he became jaundiced, and after the nursing problems with my first we switched to formula then. Again, LOTS of pain.

Due to deliver number three in May/June. I hope things go better this time.

I'm in NO way saying to give up. I wish I would have realized this resource when I was nursing my first, as I probably would have made it over the hill and been successful. I think the key is knowing there IS support, and that you're not the only one going through it.

Hang in there, and keep us posted.