Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nil output with hospital grade pump??

Default Re: Nil output with hospital grade pump??

Oh Mama. How disappointing.

If you have to FF, don't beat yourself up. Motherhood is hard. So many things that we think we're going to do, and do perfectly, go askew in ways we never predicted.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I've pretty much been FFing for the past 2 weeks, maybe more, because I've run out of my stored milk and I'm just not pumping enough for DD to have EPBM. It's sad.. but if she is healthy and gaining well then I guess I shouldn't be complaining. I just wish the formula agreed with her more.

I have noticed that lately out of her usual 4oz of F per feed, she's only drinking about 2 or 3.. And yet if I make up only 3oz she flattens it and cries for more. I dunno.

This morning DD went to the breast and spent a good 20 seconds there, and she self latched too. I suppose I shouldn't be suprised but this is how it is. I've learned to just take one moment at a time and not to stress too much about it. If she wants bm on tap, she'll have it when she is ready.

I'mma keep pumping. I decided that £45pcm isn't more than I can afford when it comes to my DD. I'll give it one more month and see what happens..

Thanks for the encouragement though Mommal.

Jarred - 12/June/2007 - BF for 3 months - stopped due to medical reasons
    Lilly - 4/May/2010 BF for 8 months - On strike between 1/1/2011 - 29/3/2011 - That's 12 Weeks and 3 days!! It is FINALLY over!
    Together we battle with Cows milk, nuts and soya allergies, but we're making it!
    We , , and too, but we're having problems..
    EPING for 3 months and counting!!

with Mommal. it is obvious that you are committed to giving your DD your milk and you are working so hard at doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bbmomma View Post

This morning DD went to the breast and spent a good 20 seconds there, and she self latched too. I suppose I shouldn't be suprised but this is how it is. I've learned to just take one moment at a time and not to stress too much about it. If she wants bm on tap, she'll have it when she is ready.
    i think that this sounds like an encouraging step!

I'mma keep pumping. I decided that £45pcm isn't more than I can afford when it comes to my DD. I'll give it one more month and see what happens..
    i think that this sounds like a good plan too. because even if it doesn't work out like you hope, you will know for certain that you gave yourself plenty of time and really worked at it, instead of making a rash decision that you might later regret.

keep on truckin' mama.
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

SURPRISE!!! We caught the first PP egg and are currently baking baby BOY #4! Due to arrive late-Jan/early-Feb

Thanks for the encouragement, ohiomama. DD wasn't interested today, agian, but I sort of expected that. She's not feeling well, bless her heart. I FINALLY got up the balls and called my local LLL who gave me some very good advice.

We're gonna try a suplimenter I can use at the breast to see if DD comes back and quicker and to see if my supply will increase by any. I've just got to get hold of one now.

Anyway! On my way out. Report back later!

Lilly - 4/May/2010 BF for 8 months - On strike between 1/1/2011 - 29/3/2011 - That's 12 Weeks and 3 days!! It is FINALLY over!
    Together we battle with Cows milk, nuts and soya allergies, but we're making it!

Fingers crossed!

Have you tried safe co-sleeping to latch on a sleepy baby, or a re-birth in a bath?
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...to-breast.html
    Last edited by @llli*bxlgirl; February 21st, 2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: adding link
    Katharine
    Be the change you want to see in the world--Mahatma Gandhi
    mid-August DD (2010) & DS (2011 VBAC)
    Ouch! Is it thrush or Raynaud's phenomenon?

I've been co-sleeping with DD since the day she was born. She does start her night in her cot though, until about midnight when she wakes for a feed and then she'll come to bed with me. So we're together most of the night.

I think I've mentioned in another thread of mine that DD doesn't have a sleepy state. She is either AWAKE or ASLEEP. There is nothing between. Even if she does get to that point when she is 99% asleep, as soon as I put my nipple in her mouth she tells me off. I have one very clever daughter.

Thank you for the link. I looked through it anyway. As far as rebirthing goes, I tried a bath with DD and all she was interested in doing was playing with the bubbles and splashing me. She LOVES her baths (as does my son). I'll keep trying though..

Talking Re: Nil output with hospital grade pump??

I got my new 36mm horns today. Only used them once but I'm planning on some power pumping this evening once the kiddies are in bed. We'll see how my poor nipples do after that!

Wish me milk!