Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flu shots

Default flu shots

Does anyone know if getting a flu shot will mess with my milk supply? I was just recently sick and boy what a drop I took in my supply! It's weird though, because my supply in my left breast is almost back to normal but my right breast is not quite there yet, is that normal? I would like to get the flu shot but don't want to risk another dip in my supply. Thanks in advance for any help!

Default Re: flu shots

I also would like to know if this is harmful to BM. I was going to ask this question myself. (Thanks, PP!)

This is similar to something I just posted...
    here

I was also told it wasn't harmful to mother or baby, but I want to know about milk supply. Having a dip in supply makes me so stressed!! I'm wondering if it would be better just to not get the shot at all.....

I personally would skip it..well I am...but you are not necessarily vaccinating against the current virus strain, so it may be a wasted "poke"...just a little food for thought. Here is another thread discussing flu shots...To get or Not

Just for your reading pleasure - though a bit OT - worth a look at for those interested in the flu

Read a bit about his years vaccine here

Read about the clinical description (so as to not be confused with the "stomach flu") here

Just some 'fast flu facts' here

okay I'll stop now - I could go on linking forever!

I am sorry none of these specifically deal with supply issues and the vaccine - but I'll keep searching...

Good luck!
    Last edited by Number3; October 24th, 2006 at 11:46 AM. Reason: spelling
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Red face Re: flu shots

Thanks to all! PP please do let me know if you find anything dealing with the supply issue. Thanks a ton.

I couldn't find anything about it affecting supply either. I guess it would depend on how your body handled it...like if you got sick or not? Not too sure, but maybe someone will find something.

All I can tell you is from personal experience. I had the flu shot a week ago and did not notice and drop in my supply.

I got one too and didn't notice any difference.....