Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing 20 month old will be away from me one day/week

Default Nursing 20 month old will be away from me one day/week

I am still nursing my 20 month old son which I hope to continue until he turns 2 years old. Somedays he nurses 5 times a day, somedays 8, he has no schedule. I work from home 2 days a week and all along he has been looked after at home so I have had no problems with nursing as we nurse during my breaks. It looks like I am going to have to have him cared for outside the home one day a week and I am so stressed! He would miss 3 feedings on this one day a week. I do not want to wean him yet. He has not yet had any other milk other than breastmilk and I was hoping to avoid cow milk and start supplementing a few feeds when he turns 2 with almond milk. This plan would be fine on the other 6 days a week but I have no idea what to do on the one day that he is away from me. Being away from me will be a big change for him as well.

All help/suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Default Re: Nursing 20 month old will be away from me one day/week

my son will take BM in a siipy cup, but only when i'm not around. I pumped with a hand pump when I was away from him. But we also offer cow-juice.
    You can find me

DS born 9/2009

He'll be fine. I would just have his caregiver offer him water (or juice if you do juice) and solids on that day. He doesn't need a substitute.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

yeah he'll be fine. My 18 mo old is away from me one day/week while I work away from home and she's with Daddy. She does just fine and is always happy to see me and nurse as soon as I see her. I quit pumping when she was about 15 months old.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.