Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sick baby (1st time!), doesn't want to nurse

Default Re: Sick baby (1st time!), doesn't want to nurse

Best to stay hydrated and monitor to make sure you are not hurting. You can hand express in the warm shower for relief. It really helps. Your supply should bounce back once she is ready to nurse again. Oatmeal--works wonders!

I hope baby is on the mend!!
    Alene
    LLL Leader

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*LLLAlene View Post
    Best to stay hydrated and monitor to make sure you are not hurting. You can hand express in the warm shower for relief. It really helps. Your supply should bounce back once she is ready to nurse again. Oatmeal--works wonders!

I hope baby is on the mend!!
    Thank you, Alene! She's SO extremely stuffed up that she tries to nurse and I can hear the mucus in her sinuses and going down her throat...so she latches on for a few seconds and just gives up. It's heartbreaking! But glad to hear that my supply should bounce back. I just hope she can kick this nasty germ QUICK! And I NEED to get back to eating oatmeal everyday! Thanks for the tip! I actually don't feel any engorgement (I haven't been engorged in months)...but she wasn't an 8-10x/day nurser anyway. She was down to 4-5x/day. Now with this cold, she *tries* to nurse about 2 times, doesn't always happen. But maybe she is getting some milk out since I don't have any engorgement?
    Gina - SAHM to Sofia Rose born day after Christmas 12/26/09 and Ava Grace born 12/9/2013

Nursed DD1 for 28 months and am now nursing DD2 going on 8 months!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jcdandfamily View Post
    Glad it helped. DS went on strike for 10 days when he was 17 mo (from 10-12 times a day down to 2) and my supply bounced back when it was all said and done. It is nerve wracking, though.
    Thanks again for the support! Wow, 10 day strike?! Yikes! Well, we're going on day 3 and I'm freaking out Except I know that she wants to, she just doesn't feel up to it. She will try but she can't breathe through her nose at all right now, so she just gives up. Tomorrow's another day...hoping it's a better one!
    Gina - SAHM to Sofia Rose born day after Christmas 12/26/09 and Ava Grace born 12/9/2013

Nursed DD1 for 28 months and am now nursing DD2 going on 8 months!