Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Simplisse Pump

Default Simplisse Pump

Hello, I am looking to purchase my first electric breast pump and am torn between the Medela PISA and the new Simplisse Double Electric Companion. I am really leaning toward the Simplisse pump but, because it's new, I have not heard much about it.

Does anyone have any experience with this pump?

TIA for your opninions on the pump

Default Re: Simplisse Pump

I don't know anything about the Simplisse but I've been using the Medela PISA and I really like it - as far as pumps go, anyway. I have to pump while I'm at work. I'd much rather just nurse. Sorry I can't help with the Simlpisse, but I wanted to get some replies started for you.

Best of luck!

Thanks! I have heard many good things about the Medela PISA. Which carrying tote do you have and do you like it?

I borrowed a friend's in the metro bag. I didn't like it at all because it doesn't have any type of zipper or other closure. It is quite roomy, though, and is designed to be able to take the pump out, which gives you flexibility.

When I had to return it to her, I bought a new PISA in the backpack. It's much smaller (not much room for extras), and you can't readily take the pump out. It's also $30 cheaper on average. Since I have to carry a laptop case every day, I don't really need my pump bag to carry things.

I would recommend you google "discount breast pumps" and call around for good prices. I got mine for $210 about two months ago.
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kbarron View Post
    Thanks! I have heard many good things about the Medela PISA. Which carrying tote do you have and do you like it?
    I have the shoulder bag and I like it very much.Very nice-looking (not obvious that its a pump), roomy,and it comes with a little cooler bag for the expressed milk. Also has a zippered closure. HTH!