Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help w/ bedtime and pumping

Default Help w/ bedtime and pumping

We are just trying to start an 8:30 bedtime w/ our 6 week old. Previously I was feeding him at 8, then again around 10 and then going to bed and letting him wake me to be fed again which was typically around 1-2am. He has been sleeping 3-4 hour stretches.

Now w/ putting him down at 8:30 and letting him wake to be fed should I pump before I go to bed around 10 or just wait until whenever he wakes and feed him.

And what happens as he starts sleeping longer and through the night. Do I need to wake at some point to pump or am I ok to sleep through the night too?

I should add Im exclusive BFing and pumping for stash.
    Last edited by @llli*pinkjellybean456; February 4th, 2011 at 11:00 PM.

Default Re: Help w/ bedtime and pumping

Well that depends on why you're pumping. How much stash do you have and what will it be used for? If it's just for occasional use then *I* wouldn't bother pumping after having a couple bottles in the freezer.
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness