Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Can someone point me to info on the magic 1 yr date?

Default Can someone point me to info on the magic 1 yr date?

So I've heard that kids should be on "all table food" at 1 year old, and getting their fluids from all BM/milk/Formula. ?

But the AAP recommends BFing for a year ...

My EBF almost 6 month old LO is taking solids just fine (well she eats them and spews them and laughs) so I'm not worried about it per se, but is one year the point at which milk/formula alone isn't enough?

I just can't seem to find an actual professional/medical statement on the nutritional needs/reasons for these things ...

Thanks!!

Default Re: Can someone point me to info on the magic 1 yr date?

dr sears has some good info on his website about feeding toddlers.

http://www.askdrsears.com/

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/T040100.asp

Thanks, but is there a specific page on there about what a one year old should be eating? Looked but can only find info about BFing!

proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nightcrawler View Post
    Thanks, but is there a specific page on there about what a one year old should be eating? Looked but can only find info about BFing!
    It's really hard to find this info. I think that is in part because 1 year-old babies are all so different. There are active ones and laid back ones. Skinny ones and fat ones. Babies with full sets of teeth and others who have yet to get their first tooth. Babies with fast metabolisms and babies with slow metabolisms.

This is what my pediatrician says:
    - Until 1, breastmilk or formula meets the baby's nutritional needs.
    - Until 1, nurse first, offer solids second.
    - Observe the baby. If she's healthy and happy, there's no reason to worry.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"