Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Kinda proud of myself

Default Kinda proud of myself

I've never really been one to see things through once they got difficult, but I've been nursing my son for over seven and half months with no end in sight and dang it - I'm really proud of myself! I never thought I'd make it this long. I really planned on weaning at 6 months but all is going well and it's working great for us. I just had the a talk about extended nursing with my husband (who is wonderfully supportive). I have always had body issues and it's astounding to me how much better I feel about my body now. It can create and nourish another person - WOW!

Just wanted to let you mama's who are struggling in the beginning know that it gets easier. You won't regret it.
    Proud mama to Ryan born 6-19-10

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
    - Anais Nin

Default Re: Kinda proud of myself

WTG mama I'm proud of you too. Your body is amazing, nursing has truly redeemed my self image, I love it!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Thanks for sharing! Way to go!

We're at almost 14 weeks - and we had a rough start for sure! Still ironing out some of the kinks, but it's so great to hear from someone else who struggled that it's all worth it!
    Proud mama to Matthew Rory, born naturally 10/29/10, and mama to Callie Elisabeth, born naturally 5/15/12.

Wat to go!