Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: bras

Default bras

I'm still happily nursing my almost LO who will be 2 in May A LOT! I don't wear a bra at night but during the day I'm so tired of nursing bras and really want to get back into my pretty underwire padded bras. I just miss the other shirts and things I can wear with different bras. Especially now that warm weather is coming. I tried before but got sore and had plugged ducts. Should I try again? will wearing them during the day have anything to do with milk production? Curious to see what other moms have done. It isn't the end of the world if I can't. I'm just hoping to continue nursing for quite awhile yet, no end in sight for us and would love to have this one thing for my selfish self!

my name is Sarah mother to
    Alana 12/31/98
    Conner 5/30/09

Breastfeeding 3 years and counting!

Potty trained at 2 but kind of miss those cute CD's!

"Of all the rights of women, the greastest is to be a mother." Lin Yutang

Default Re: bras

To be honest I haven't worn a nursing bra in over a year.. I just wear normal ones and I have never personally noticed any diference in my production. and S is 30 pounds at 2years old.. So I just wear what I want now.
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

I'd try again. Might be different since your LO is older. I have always worn underwire. I need it I haven't worn a nursing bra in a while though.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Yup, I agree. Try it again, just make sure it's not too tight or that the underwire isn't pushing against your breasts. I wear a nursing bra sometimes (that I really, really like the fit of), but I also wear padded, pretty Victoria's Secret bras (I really need a good lift ). Mind you, my lo is almost 25 months, but I think I stopped exclusively wearing nursing bras somewhere between 12 and 18 months.
    Mommy to L - May 7, 07' , B - February 7, 09' , and R - August 18, 12'

I still wear a nursing bra but I love the fit of mine.. and since we still nurse like 6 times a day.. the convenience... worth it. but i miss pretty bras oh yes i do..
    Kristin

Momma to Benjamin, we recently made it nursing to age 2!!!!

Benjamin born 9-17-09

Sometime after my Lo turned a year old I shrunk a cup size and stopped spilling out the top of some of my pretty bras. Give it a try and see how it goes
    Hi, I'm Faith, a Wife, Mom, Stepmom and SAHM
    I married my best friend Rodney on October 17, 2009
    DS1 Andy Born May 11, 2002
    DS2 Ethan Born May 18, 2009 Nursed 2 years 7 months & 2 days
    DSS1 Benjamin Born September 24, 1989

I have started wearing regular bras at 15 months. I still wear
    nursing bras at home but out I wear a regular one, ds has pretty much stopped nip the world is way too interesting for him. I wear underwire and haven't had problems with plugs or anything.
    Ds 9/09 nursed for 20 months

Dd 12/11 nursing a toddler again

I convert my pretty bras to nursing bras. It's very simple but does involve some sewing. All you need are the bra clips, elastic, and thread to match your bra. If you live close to me, I'd do it for you . There are tutorials online too. If you're interested in details let me know.
    Mama to
    - born at home on 4/27/10

- born at home 8/30/2012