Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Food Sensitivity?

Default Food Sensitivity?

My dd is 10 months old and was eating some solids very well. I would let her be adventurous and eat bites from my plate of things like lasagna ect. I noticed a few weeks ago her face was breaking out after eating certain foods. Mostly around her mouth and cheeks. It is really blotchy and semi welted, but not swelled if that makes sense. It is also on her hands and dissappears after a half hour. No diaper rash or discomfort. I gave her some of the gerber lasagna and spaghetti o's. I think I have narrowed it down to tomatos. Has anyone else had this issue before?

Default Re: Food Sensitivity?

Tomatoes are very acidic and can cause a contact rash. Another common one is cinnamon.

Is the redness where she had sauce contact her skin?
    Our blessings from God!
    Kylee was born September, 2006 - 9 lbs. 12 1/2 oz, 21 inches long.
    Kiefer was born January, 2008 - 6 lbs. 14 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.
    He was diagnosed with a severe peanut allergy at 12 1/2 months old. Others later discovered.
    And I am even more blessed by being married to my best friend and the most honorable man I've ever known.

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." - Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: Food Sensitivity?

mostly yes. the redness can extend up her face, but I think it's where her hand rubs the sauce over it. I had not seen it since I discontinued the tomato items, and just to test, gave her a bite of my sauce and sure enough she got the redness. She has sensitive skin, and I thought there might be a connection, I just wanted to ask others opinions...