Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: how much for 7 month old?

Default how much for 7 month old?

DS has been eating cereal since 4 months old. He is currently 7.5 months old. I started fruits/veggies about 3 weeks ago, and he seems okay with at least trying them. However, he will only eat maybe an ounce of food twice a day. He won't any more than that. Sometimes he won't eat any solids at all. He still nurses a lot-8 times per day (including 3 at night). He is a pretty happy boy who doesn't seem hungry. His growth hasn't ever been an issue. I'm wondering if this is normal for his age. I'm a first time mom, so I have a lot of questions. Also, when do you feed your bsby solids? I've been trying to feed him an hour after nursing, but I don't know if that's enough time fior him.

Default Re: how much for 7 month old?

This is the beautiful fact about breastmilk. you have the nutritional option of being very laid back about solids. Breastmilk is complete, nutritious and matures to meet your growing child's needs. If you want to offer solids as an amusement or as a learning moment, go ahead. Your breastmilk will continue to keep your baby healthy and strong.
    DD#1 July 1986 VB
    DD#2 April 1988 c/sec
    DS#3 April 1990 VBAC
    DS#4 June 1993 VB
    and suprise!
    DD#5 April 2001 c/sec
    BTDT scars and stretchmarks,: wrinkles and grey hair

totally don't worry if baby wont eat much solids. Before 1 year, solids are mostly for fun and exploration. Most of their nutruitents should be from breastmilk. It has way more fat, protiens, vitamins and nutrients then any form of solid food.
    Mommy to 2 little boys!
    DS1 11/1/07 BFed 7 months
    DS2 11/6/09 BF 2 YEARS! and counting!

My baby is also 7.5 months old & started solids a little over a month ago. Usually she eats 1 thing a day (e.g., chicken w. veggies) for lunch. Sometimes she eats a little yogurt for breakfast. I always feed her solids 45-60 min after breastfeeding. Lately she's been sick & I have been exclusively breastfeeding her. I don't think there's a right answer in terms of quantity. I agree that now is exploration time. It's so much easier to pull out the breast too! :-)

My son is 7 months old. We started solids about 6 months old.
    I make his baby foood for him, freeze in ice cube trays then put in bags. I give him 1 fruit cube in the morning mixed with a little cereal. At lunch and dinner time I give him either a green vegg or an orange vegg. If he seems unhappy when done I give a fruit. I defrost the cube under warm water while nursing him and then the food is to top off the breast milk. If we are out and about we just skip the food. Like others have said, the food is just to play with.
    DS1 Chase John Born 6/30/04
    DS2 Van Gunner 6/22/10
    DD1 Adelynn Grace 1/20/14