Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: so confused

Default so confused

i think i just got my period today. my son is 8 months and i work two 12 hour shifts a week. i want to breastfeed until 1 year. does this mean its coming to an end?

Default Re: so confused

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*yamahama29 View Post
    i think i just got my period today. my son is 8 months and i work two 12 hour shifts a week. i want to breastfeed until 1 year. does this mean its coming to an end?

Nope! I got my period 2 months pp with my last 2 and nursed for 14 months. You may notice a decrease in supply at that time. A calcium and magnesium supplement will help with that.

http://kellymom.com/herbal/natural-t...s.html#calcium
    Sorry meant to post this also but I was holding a squirming baby at the time!

WSS. I got my period at about 6 months PP and continued to nurse until DS was about three. Your supply may decrease some around your period and you may not pump as much as usual. Just stay on top of it. You may need to pump more if possible and nurse more. Stay hydrated and be sure to eat enough.

Nope! I got my period at 7 months PP and am still nursing strong at 11 months.
    Proud mama to Matthew Rory, born naturally 10/29/10, and mama to Callie Elisabeth, born naturally 5/15/12.

It means you are no longer breastfeeding often enough to surpress ovulation. That happened to me at 12weeks PPD because he started sleeping 5hour stretches.

Way too lazy for formula