Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Where to donate milk?

Default Where to donate milk?

I have tons of milk frozen starting in July 2010 that I need to donate soon before it is a year old. It has been frozen in a deep freeze immediately after pumping.

I have tried twice to register with milkshare and I never receive the email to confirm registration. Where else can I donate this milk? I probably have more than 500 oz that can go. I wasn't sure where to post this question either.

Thanks,
    Aileen
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.

Default Re: Where to donate milk?

Most milk banks will not take milk that is over 2-3 months old because the time it takes to process it, etc.

Cafemom has a milk share private group that you can join to find someone in need.
    Michelle

Wife to Donnie , my best friend
    Mom to Trenton 1/9/97, Dillan 11/22/01, Ashton 6/19/09

All boys, weaned at 15 months, at home with Ashton

What about eats on feet? Can you ask locally if there are any low supply moms? Yeah the human milk bank I contacted didn't want any milk that was pumped when my baby was over 6 months old.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

I'm not sure where you live, but the IWK hospital in Halifax is always a GREAT place to donate. The IWK is absolutely wonderful! They saved my brother's life when he was 3.

I was also going to suggest eats on feets... they have a Facebook page for every state where you can post and let them know you have milk up for grabs.

If you click on this link, and go to the "Global EOF" tab, you can scroll down and find the page for the state where you live. Once you "like" the page for your state, you can post that you have extra milk. http://www.facebook.com/#!/EatsonFee...app_7146470109
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Thanks guys, eats on feet worked great! I found a local mom in my city with twins who is trying very hard to get them breastmilk. She can't pump much since they won't latch and were premies. I have about 500 oz for her. I feel so good, YEY!!!

Aileen
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.

Awesome! I bet you made her week! I remember how thankful I was to get about 200 oz from a mom who had oversupply when my supply was still low even with pumping 10x day. It is an incredible gift.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

http://humanmilk4humanbabies.org/ is the new name for the Eats on Feets Global Network...they'd love to have you!
    Mommy to Claire , born 10-15-09 with no meds! (Other than Tums...)
    Love our unbleached prefolds!
    Moms Noms are the best!