Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pumping in the car

Default Pumping in the car

Okay ladies...this is my first day adding a 4th pumping session by pumping in the car after I drop DS off at DCPs. I was suprised to see that I only pumped about 1.5 ounces in the 15 minute drive. I expected to see a lot more. Hopefully though this will be in addition to the average 10 ounces I get during my 3 sessions at work. That will definitely help get me closer to the 12 ounces I need for DS to take at DCP. So, I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Observation: It took me longer to get all "set-up" in the car than I expected. It also took a little longer to "break-down" while I was in the parking lot at work. Tomorrow I will try to give myself a little more time so I don't feel rushed. :-)

Default Re: Pumping in the car

1.5 ounces on your first session is great! You will probably get more as time passes & your body gets the signals to make more milk at that time. I hope it gives you the extra milk you need.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Give it a few days and your body will adjust to the new schedule. You should see more output soon. 1.5 ounces is great when your body isn't used to it.
    Michelle

Wife to Donnie , my best friend
    Mom to Trenton 1/9/97, Dillan 11/22/01, Ashton 6/19/09

All boys, weaned at 15 months, at home with Ashton

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*3boysmomma View Post
    Give it a few days and your body will adjust to the new schedule. You should see more output soon. 1.5 ounces is great when your body isn't used to it.

and you just nursed DS right?
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

That's a great output, don't get discouraged! Also if you felt rushed you may not have had quite as great of output as if you were relaxed, regardless good job!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

how do you do this discreetly? and man it would stink to get pulled over hooked to a pump ....
    Jenna, momma to Lillian (1/1/11)
    Cosleeping, cloth diapering
    milk donated to date: 3182 ounces

I just covered myself with my nursing cover, no problem
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Your body will catch up soon. My car session is my biggest pump of the day now (although my drive is 30 mins. You can also hook up from home to if its a decent drive. I just take the bottles off and only leave the shields attached to me and zip up my coat. No one has noticed yet.

I don't even bother to cover up. Unless you are driving through a city and sitting at stop lights no one is going to notice
    Mother to the wonderful Teya - born June 21, 2010

Wife to Pat Sept 13, 2008

We are and at school

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*marilyn612 View Post

I don't even bother to cover up. Unless you are driving through a city and sitting at stop lights no one is going to notice
    Michelle

Wife to Donnie , my best friend
    Mom to Trenton 1/9/97, Dillan 11/22/01, Ashton 6/19/09

All boys, weaned at 15 months, at home with Ashton

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*happynifer View Post
    how do you do this discreetly? and man it would stink to get pulled over hooked to a pump ....
    We've had that discussion. Was it you, @3boysmomma, who assured me that lots of cop's wives pump in the car, and the officer would be likely to say "Carry on, Mama!"? Whereas I always hoped it would freak the officer out so bad he'd forget to give me the ticket I probably deserved for sliding through stop signs (what we call a "California stop" round here). But oh right - nursing covers! Totally stupid for actually nursing, but great for pumping in the car.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.