Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: reflux maybe?

Default reflux maybe?

LO is 7 weeks and we EBF. He is really laid back and easy going. Yesterday he was fussy all day. Never went down for a nap and spit up all day plus 3 projectile spit ups. Slept good all nigt, woke up to another projectile after nursing this a.m. Then at lunvh had a huge diahrea type poopy diaper. I called his pediatrician and she wanted to see him. She wants me to give him pedialyte for 8 hours. She gave him a bottle of pedialyte while we were there. He immediatley got fussy and then she gave him an antacid which was immediate relief. Giving him pedialyte from a bottle a few times wont hurt will it? antacid? also will the antacid make his poop different?

Default Re: reflux maybe?

With the mucousy poopy diaper my first thought would be that either you have a foremilk-hindmilk imbalance or maybe there is an allergy issue with something you are eating. But I also don't have much experience with reflux.

I never use pedialyte, breastmilk is so much better for them and it's not a hassle to get them to take it.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous