Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: really worried now :(

Default really worried now :(

I just gave my baby her 400 IU dropper of Vitamin D, and she vomited everywhere . I am wondering if it was that that bothered her? She has been fussy all day, and I thought maybe it was just something I ate that bothered her. It was A LOT of vomit, and it was like a projectile vomit.

I'm also a little worried because she seems to spit up ALL the time, after every feeding, almost. I am really worried she has some sort of other problem.

(DD is almost 3 weeks)

Default Re: really worried now :(

What kind of vitamins are you giving her? Is she generally spitting up after you have given them?
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

its just vitamin D as the pedi recommended...1 mL. but shes never spit up before after i've given it... but i've only given it twice before

Do you have the brand name? A dropperful sounds like a lot just for D...generally babies would only need a drop (like with the kind Beth uses), even adults just take a little gelcap, so I am wondering if there is something else in there that is bothering your LO. Our son had to be on tri-vi-sol for a short period of time and those vitamins were DISGUSTING. I was surprised that he DIDN'T ever throw up!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

it's enfamil D Vi Sol....is there a better brand?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    The Carlson Vitamin D drops are awesome. www.vitacost.com has them. My older kids think it is so cool to have a flavorless vitamin.

As for the spitting up, talk to your ped about possible reflux. If it is particularly forceful, frequent, and causes discomfort, I would be concerned.
    Yes, I second Beth's recommendation for the Carlson Baby Vitamin D drops. I tried giving my son the poly-vi-sol when he was a newborn, and even as a tiny baby he spat it out and gagged on it! So I knew if I tried giving it to him as he got older it was only going to get worse. So we bought the Carlson Baby D drops and they are GREAT! Seriously, it's only 1 tiny drop of tasteless liquid... I used to drop it onto my finger and then put my finger in his mouth... but now at nearly 15 months, my son OPENS his mouth and says ahhhh and I drop it right onto his tongue... he thinks it's hilarious and cracks up every time I do it.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.