Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: teething problems anyone?

a little village with some trees, people, and a canal in it, Derbyshire, England

Default teething problems anyone?

Hi,

i have been having some problems with feeding with the top teeth. My little man feeds a lot (although this site is great as i can now see he is truly 'normal'!) - and really struggles iwth his teeth, bless him.

he never bites, the problem is more scraping or indenting in the areola. I have one boob limited now to pumping action due to the wound his pressing teeth have made.

Has anyone else had this and how did they resolve it? My bf friends have only encountered biting.

It is on the left side that it is a major problem. The right (for the Mo) seems ok - doesn't cut open now his teeth are rounded off and not like razors! But the left side had healed, then i fed, then a gash appeared again

I keep telling him to open wide and tried different positions. Btw, my son is almost 14 mth old.

look forward to hearing from you

Default Re: teething problems anyone?

Are his teeth coming in right now or have they been in for a while? With my son it seemed like after a while his teeth were less sharp. I had to keep relatching him until he figured out how to nurse with teeth.
    Ds 9/09 nursed for 20 months

Dd 12/11 nursing a toddler again

a little village with some trees, people, and a canal in it, Derbyshire, England

top teeth in for a while, but more coming. seem to take ages! seem to be the side ones causing the probs...tho not sure...

My DS is working on 2 year molars and he is just latching differently. He did the same thing with his incisors. We worked at it and got back to normal but it was painful for awhile. I had sore spots on the top of my nipples and all I could feel was teeth.

my name is Sarah mother to
    Alana 12/31/98
    Conner 5/30/09

Breastfeeding 3 years and counting!

Potty trained at 2 but kind of miss those cute CD's!

"Of all the rights of women, the greastest is to be a mother." Lin Yutang