Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Not Breastfeeding well, while trying to introduce solids

Default Not Breastfeeding well, while trying to introduce solids

My 7 month old daughter has been nursing great. I have been introducing solids the past month. She nurses 4 times a day and sleeps through the night. Latelt I feel like since we have been doing the solids she doesnt nurse long. I have tried nursing before she eats the baby food, after she eats the baby food, she seems to only want one breast and for about a couple of minutes. She does great with the food, rice cereal in the morning, she eats about half a jar of a fruit and veg, at lunch and dinner. Any suggestions on how to get her to nurse better and longer or should I just not worry about it. Thanks

Default Re: Not Breastfeeding well, while trying to introduce solids

Definitely offer nursing BEFORE solids for the first year. Nursing 4 times a day total for 7 months does not sound like a lot. Are you nursing on-demand? How are wet diapers?

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Default Re: Not Breastfeeding well, while trying to introduce solids

with the PP. I'd cut down on solids and always offer the breast before you do solids. Since your LO is nursing so infrequently, you might want to consider pumping a bit and offering a sippy cup with breastmilk in it.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"