Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why

Default why

Why did you decide to pump?
    Jaxon (07/13/08) weaned at 27 months
    Alexa and Braxton (11/18/10). My NICU miracles.

http://swallomlife.blogspot.com

"This above all: to thine own self be true" -Hamlet

Default Re: why

i'll go first!

The twins were born early and were in NICU. I pumped for them and when they got home weaned them to the breast. Then they started losing weight so I'm back to pumping and adding fortifier. Hopefully in the next few weeks or so I can rewean them onto the breast.
    Jaxon (07/13/08) weaned at 27 months
    Alexa and Braxton (11/18/10). My NICU miracles.

http://swallomlife.blogspot.com

"This above all: to thine own self be true" -Hamlet

because i have to go back to work....
    Jenna, momma to Lillian (1/1/11)
    Cosleeping, cloth diapering
    milk donated to date: 3182 ounces

Me too I had to work!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

School! But to go deeper...it was really important to me to maintain my nursing relationship with DD. I knew I was going to be away from her for hours a day and wanted to do the one thing for her that I could to keep her healthy and help her grow!
    Mother to the wonderful Teya - born June 21, 2010

Wife to Pat Sept 13, 2008

We are and at school

intersection of Mommy Guilt and True Bliss

My boys were born 7 weeks early. They spent 3 weeks in the NICU an hour away from home. Since I had a 2.5 year old at home and the boys were born during swine flu season, I couldn't bring her up to the hospital. I came to the hospital 2x a day, every day to nurse them and deliver my abundant supply of milk. You know you're making too much when they tell you to stop bringing it in because their freezer is out of space - so was mine. When they came home, they did have some latch issues, but we still nursed and pumped. We later found out that they had severe reflux. Getting puked on during, before and after every feeding was no longer fun. I couldn't keep up with the amount of laundry they generated. I switched to EP a few month after they were born and haven't quit. While some moms have told me what a PITA pumping and bottle feeding was, it hasn't bothered me one bit. I still have a great bond with my boys and the pumping, bottles and cleaning just became part of my day. Not once has it become a hassle to me. And I still have a huge supply of milk in my deep freezer. Probably 2 months' worth.
    Lori
    Mom to daughter (8/17/07) and mom to fraternal twin sons (1/5/10)

*Mom with chronic health issues, NICU babies, reflux sufferers, multiple food allergies (mom and kids)
    *DD birthweight 5lb, 14oz, now 26lb, 4oz
    *DS1 birthweight 4lb, 6oz, now 19lb
    *DS2 birthweight 4lb, 2oz, now 18lb, 12oz

**An EXCELLENT speller, unless I have either a child on my lap or I'm using my cell phone!**

EP MOM FOR 14.5 MONTHS - NOW USING UP MY FROZEN BM SUPPLY!

Work. Never bothered me though. I thought of it as my baby break. Time for me to relax and think about my little guy
    Last edited by @llli*3boysmomma; January 23rd, 2011 at 02:07 PM.
    Michelle

Wife to Donnie , my best friend
    Mom to Trenton 1/9/97, Dillan 11/22/01, Ashton 6/19/09

All boys, weaned at 15 months, at home with Ashton

Work. I hate it with a passion but I miss reading
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

I started in preparation for going back to work after 3 months. Then around 9 months, I started pumping exclusively for about 5 weeks when my LO went on a nursing strike. Now I'm back to only pumping when I'm at work.

I pumped a little in the early weeks to try to increase low supply. Then didn't pump at all for a couple of months as it made me focus on ounces (or lack thereof) and I preferred just putting the baby to breast all the time.

Now that I think we've got the low supply sorted, I just started pumping once a day (about 2 hrs after he goes to bed) to get a couple ounces to freeze in case I actually ever go out without him.
    DS October 2010
    0 days: 7lbs6oz, 20"
    4 days: 6lbs8oz
    2 months: 11lbs4oz, 22.75"
    4 months: 13lbs5oz, 25"
    6 months: 14lbs14oz, 26.5"
    9 months: 16lbs13oz, 27.75"