Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby Bullet reviews

Default Re: Baby Bullet reviews

I have the grown-up bullet and it purees fine. In fact I hardly use the dumb thing because I end up with too mushed up food.
    Hi, I'm Faith, a Wife, Mom, Stepmom and SAHM
    I married my best friend Rodney on October 17, 2009
    DS1 Andy Born May 11, 2002
    DS2 Ethan Born May 18, 2009 Nursed 2 years 7 months & 2 days
    DSS1 Benjamin Born September 24, 1989

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*faith511518 View Post
    I have the grown-up bullet and it purees fine. In fact I hardly use the dumb thing because I end up with too mushed up food.
    I like it for smoothies. I also like the tomato soup recipe in the booklet.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*yoginimama View Post
    I like it for smoothies. I also like the tomato soup recipe in the booklet.
    It makes awesome milkshakes too
    Hi, I'm Faith, a Wife, Mom, Stepmom and SAHM
    I married my best friend Rodney on October 17, 2009
    DS1 Andy Born May 11, 2002
    DS2 Ethan Born May 18, 2009 Nursed 2 years 7 months & 2 days
    DSS1 Benjamin Born September 24, 1989

Unfortunately you can't cook baby food with the Baby Bullet. Check out the Beaba Babycook you can cook and process the food in one step! It's pricey if you buy it brand new @ $149.99. But I purchased mine off of Craigslist.org for $60 including the cookbook for it. I also recently purchased one for a friend on Craigslist.org for $40.

I want a baby bullet just for the cute cups. We've never done pureed food so I guess I have no input

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

I love my magic bullet and we use it almost daily for smoothies and many other things, like grinding coffee, herbs, etc. I bought it at costco for less than $40. It is a great product and could be used for baby food too, though personally I used baby-led weaning/solids so that meant very little pureeing and I think that is best for most babies!

Anne- Mom to two active boys: Henry 10/06 and Jamie 4/09

Looking for an LLL leader in your area? click:
    http://www.llli.org/webindex.html

confused about abbreviations? check this out:
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=807

Default Waste of money

Hi...just wanted to add a few things re the Baby Bullet.My wife breast fed all 3 of our lovely girls and when it came to converting them to solid food we explored lots of ways including small blenders and the storing of dozens of jars,cups,containers etc in the fridge in case the baby got hungry.We must have spent $200 on different systems when a neighbor came over and stood shaking her head. She pointed out all the extra work involved with what we were doing and how it was taking time away from being with the baby. She pointed out that using store bought vegetables was not like processed jarred food because the processors use vegetables that are 12-24 hours old where as we buy vegetables that can be a week old in a bag or frozen from a bag......plus there is the contamination issue and the washing and preparing of the foods to get pesticides etc off the "fresh" veggies. She also pointed out that the Baby Bullet food wouldn't be any fresher because it is stored either in jars with dates on them or frozen for how long until you use it. Add to it all the time to prepare,cook,jar,package,clean,defrost etc the fast way and it can be quite time consuming. What was the solution we asked. She left and came back with a hand held blender and a 1 pint canning jar and explained.......every time you are cooking a meal, prepare a little extra and use the hand blender and the jar to process the food to a state the baby can consume. There will always be a little extra for the snacks between meals and preparing food this way ensures it is as fresh as yours. Store the left overs in the jar for use later in the day and never store for more than a day......unless you process food properly,even putting it into an airtight container will be no guarantee there won't be spoilage. The hand held blenders can be washed right away and takes up about as much storage space as tall bottle......our friend bought a stainless steel one for easier cleaning and hygiene. The first day of using her method had us convinced plus it was fun for the baby to watch her food be made with ours and it seemed to bring us together at meal times. Making the baby's meal was no more effort than adding another plate at the table and that is the way it should be. I hope this helps clear the confusion and puts the sales hype in perspective.Thanks for reading.