Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Milked Pumped Friday

Default Milked Pumped Friday

I work M-F and provided pumped milk for my LO for her caregivers to feed her.

I have been keeping the milk pumped on Friday for Monday.

For those working M-F, is this what you do?

Or do you freeze the Friday milk and give from your stash on the following Monday?
    TW
    <Abigail 9/6/10>

Default Re: Milked Pumped Friday

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*wilsonduo97 View Post

Or do you freeze the Friday milk and give from your stash on the following Monday?
    I built up a freezer stash before going back to work. Now I pump in the morning and 3 times while at work. I typically put the milk pumped in the morning in lo's first bottle of the day. After work, I put the EBM into bags to freeze. So the rest of the day (after the 1st bottle) she's getting thawed milk. That way I keep rotating the milk in the stash to keep it from getting too old.

Yep, this is fine to do and although frozen milk is fine, milk that hasn't been frozen retains more benefits, so good job.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*wilsonduo97 View Post

Yes, this is exactly what I did when I was pumping for my son. I built up a stash of around 200 ounces before I went back to work... I froze my Friday pumped milk, and then for Monday's bottles I defrosted my oldest milk in my stash, that way my stash was "rotated" and the frozen milk didn't get too old. Then for my son's bottles for Tuesday-Friday, I just used whatever I pumped the day before.

Alternatively, when I was pumping for my older child, my supply wasn't quite as plentiful, and I didn't have a freezer stash to rotate... so I just kept Friday's milk cold in the frig, and used it for Monday's bottles. That is perfectly fine to do as well.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.