Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby Still Cluster Feeding, Help!

Default Baby Still Cluster Feeding, Help!

My baby is now 4 weeks and 2 days. It seems like for the past week he has been cluster feeding and feeding without a type of schedule. Is this normal? Is there anything i can do and how long will this last?

Thanks!

Default Re: Baby Still Cluster Feeding, Help!

congrats on your baby, Mama! I think my baby cluster fed for about three months, i'm not quite sure. More importantly, it's very normal. And it's very normal for you to feed your baby as often as there is a desire to be fed. So don't worry about schedule. Just keep feeding on demand, it really is the best thing for both of you.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

with the PP. Cluster feeding is totally normal, especially in the first few months. As to the schedule... I wouldn't expect a "schedule" at any time during baby's first year. But once your baby is a few months old, you might start noticing a routine, the difference between a schedule and a routine being that a schedule is fixed, and a routine is flexible.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

My baby is 7 weeks old and still cluster feeds in the evening It's hard at times, but it's good for supply and good for the baby, so I try to make the most of it. And she is sleeping longer stretches at night which is totally throwing off any kind of schedule during the day. I've found though, that while my friends had schedules and I read about schedules, it stresses me out and cause me to worry unnecessarily when DD doesn't do what *I* want her to. So I just try to let her be her and roll with it-and from a type A momma with a four year old it isn't always easy, but for us it's best!

my daughter is 4.5 mos old, and she cluster feeds at night and in the morning. Sometimes only going 30 mins before needing to eat again. From about 6-8am, she eats about 4-6 times and from 7-9pm, same thing. She was cluster feeding late at night from 11-1am and again around 4-5am or so, which was soooo hard to deal with. But I just started offering my breast more and more to her during the day and now she's on this little cluster schedule twice a day. I say schedule, but it's on-demand. I don't have a schedule for her, just encouraged her to eat more during the day for my sanity.

Also, she will sometimes wait 10-15 mins to eat on the 2nd side (sometiems 20). I have seen this with other moms at LLL and yoga classes too. So I think it's totally normal t ohave a little break between breasts.