Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Food allergy?

Default Food allergy?

Ever since we pretty much weaned, and started whole cows milk, we also use organic her cheeks look like they are red and spoctchly all the time. Could this be a allgery to whole cows milk?
    Mommy to Madison born 10/30/09

I love We

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13...

Default Re: Food allergy?

Could be. Lots of babies are sensitive to cows' milk protein.

Is it cold where you are? Both my babies had blotchy red cheeks in the winter from the cold and dryness.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Default Re: Food allergy?

Or it could be eczema, which can be caused by food allergies, or it can be caused by environmental allergies, or other issues. Joe has ezcema, but no food allergies that we can determine (that is, it does not get worse when he eats certain foods). It make his cheeks red and splotchy, almost like roseacea, so your description reminded me of this ...

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.