Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Drinks

Default Drinks

My daughter is just about 11 months old and she is still breastfeeding. We have introduced her to food and are slowly moving her over to table food. My question is about drinks. She nurse 3 times a day, has 2-4oz bottles at daycare, and has about 4oz of watered down juice.

I am trying to reduce the amount of pumping I do at work and because of a medical problem so I am just trying to figure out how much to send for her to drink at daycare.

Should we introduce water or whole milk for her? I am open to suggestions and am curious about what other people did. I know if I cut back the milk at daycare she might nurse more at home and I am ok with that.

Default Re: Drinks

at about a year, nursing 3-4 times a day is considered enough. They don't technically need anything other than that for liquids. I think whole milk or water is up to you. I would probably lean more towards water myself, as milk is hard to digest for little ones. If you nurse three times a day, would you still pump one bottle for her? Because if she's getting a 4 ounce bottle plus nursing 3 times, and eating lots of solids, I would go water It's all about personal preference though. The breastmilk is the most important and the secondary liquids are just supplementary
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet