Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pumping no milk....

Default Re: Pumping no milk....

No, no bottle besides at birth. Stupid hospital.

Getting milk from left breast this morning. So far 1 oz and still flowing. I think it just needs more stimulation daily...I want the bottle at least there to offer. Even if it gets wasted. Kinda for the what if the freeway is shut down and I am gone for 6 hours type thing.......
    DS1 Chase John Born 6/30/04
    DS2 Van Gunner 6/22/10
    DD1 Adelynn Grace 1/20/14

It's tough to go back to work and for both of you to make the adjustment. My daughter was the only one who would cry broken-heartedly at the gate of the crèche. Several mums had a problem with one of the carers who would let LOs CIO. We eventually got through to her and her superior and it got better, as well as the babies got more comfortable and accustomed to the environment. My daughter seems to enjoy the crèche now, where at least everything there is a 'yes touch'!

When I went back to work at 8mos I had just two bottles of 2oz each, and it was fine. I upgraded from a single pump to double pump and got a lot of milk whilst we were seperated. Pumping at a consistent hour is great advice, it worked very well for me.

I always give 2oz bottles to minimize waste, even at almost 12 months.

If your son is hungry in between, he will reverse cycle or more likely, eventually pick up interest and a taste for the solids served at the crèche. My daughter began as a light eater but now with my supply low due to pg she has a healthy appetite.
    Katharine
    Be the change you want to see in the world--Mahatma Gandhi
    mid-August DD (2010) & DS (2011 VBAC)
    Ouch! Is it thrush or Raynaud's phenomenon?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*francisfam1 View Post
    He had 1 bottle with 2.5 oz and would not take it. I started the Blessed thistle tonight. I will just keep pumping! Whenever he is asleep or playing I will just pump, pump and pump!!

When I got there he was screaming in a bouncy seat, left to scream. I am very unhappy! I might as well of left him in the car alone of they were going to do that to him. Supposedly he needs to get used to it.
    I don't know much about your day care but I will let you know my experience. I was afraid to put my 8 week old son in a big day care with classes because I was afraid of the exact situation you described. SO I looked into home daycares. Massachusetts has a great daycare licensing program and resource. I was able to search for home daycares in my area and see what their fees would be. I was fortunate enough to find a woman named Nicole who has 3 of her own children and 2 children she cares for on a part time basis. She was super excited to have a newborn and she has been amazing with him. It's like an extended family over there. Her kids watch out for him and let her know when he's crying and tell me all about it when I come to pick him up. He's there for 10 hours a day and it's been 2 and a half weeks and everything has been amazing. The only downside so far has been how much he eats when he's there. He'll take anywhere from 8 - 12 ounces in a day depending on his napping that day. And I've asked her for now to feed him when he's hungry and let him sleep when he's tired. But he's drinking 3 and 4 ounce bottles 2 - 4 times a day depending and she's had to give him formula a couple of times because of how hungry he seems when he's there. I'm not very happy about that, but I don't want a hungry baby either. Anyway...I guess this is my longwinded way of suggesting that maybe you look into to a home day care. I think the babies get more personalized attention this way. Good Luck!