Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 months, reallly need some advice....please read...

Default Re: 4 months, reallly need some advice....please read...

I'm not really following what the medication conversation is about. I know it's an L3 and I treat it as such. That's not related at all to the issue I am having.

How do I use frozen milk 1 ounce at a time without spendnig a fortune to store milk 1 ounce per bag? That's my dilema.

Cubes, take some off the top...all these suggestions great....but then what? How do I then heat the cubes? Or the milk I took off the top? What am I msising here? A whole bag I can sit in hot water to heat, great. But loose milk, a loose cube or some I poured out of a bag, how do I heat that since I can't put it in the microwave???
    My DD's have never seen the inside of a day care because I've worked from home for over 3 years! You can too! Ask me how!

"You know you're preggo when....you pee when you sneeze!"

"You know you're a mama when, you are making lunch for yourself and you cut your strawberry into 6 pieces"

Jacksonville AMY

You can place the ice cube of milk in a bottle or small glass and set that glass into a bigger glass of warm water or run the bottle itself under the water.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

After thawing, swirl lightly to ensure milk is mixed then pour 1oz into bottle and heat in warm water and use. Next day pour one more oz in a bottle, heat and use.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*amysol View Post
    I'm not really following what the medication conversation is about. I know it's an L3 and I treat it as such. That's not related at all to the issue I am having.
    I think her point was that it may not be necessary to pump and dump when you take Imitrex. It's a medication considered compatible with breastfeeding by the American Academy of Pediatrics, and no adverse effects have been reported in infants. You can also call the InfantRisk Center (call center set up specifically to answer questions about the safety of medications during breastfeeding) at 806-352-2519 if you want to make sure.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

you can also pump a ounce or so directly into and freeze them. They only store about 2.5 oz anyway but you could keep about 3 of them on permanent rotation
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

When I needed to defrost an oz at a time I would put a few inches of warm/hot water in the sink, plug it and put the cube in a ceramic cereal size bowl that wouldn't float and put it in the sink of water. It defrosted in 5-10 mins as I recall.

You also asked when to go to cereal 3 x a day and jar food. You may find that a lot of moms on here did/do baby led solids. It's not for everyone but many like it. We did and it really worked for us. My dd only had cereal a handful of times and went straiht to table food. She started daycare at 8 mos and started 3 meals a day soon after, but before that it was more sporadic.

Hope that helps! Good luck!
    I'm Sidney, FTM to Stella b. Oct 4 2009.

We and part-time and I'll be liquid gold at work come June.