Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 25.00%
  • No

3 75.00%

Thread: I'm Not Ready

Default I'm Not Ready

So it has been a minute since I have last posted. We have made it 13 months pumping! I am super proud of myself! However I did have some issues with my supply. I would pump and get only a few onces at a time, which wasn't enough, so I used one bottle formula a day. Now my DD is one and we started cows milk, which has been going fine. So this is my problem, I'm not ready to stop pumping. As crazy as that sounds, I just don't know how I will feel after all my milk is gone. I only get about 4-6 oz a day, which isn't a lot so its not like my girl will be missing too much. I just think about how good my milk is for her and I think why would I want that to go away, no matter how little. What would you do. And how did you emotional prepare yourself to stop BF for good?
    My little surprise born 2 December 2009 7 lbs 1 oz 20 inches.

Our goal is 1 year, but I'm willing to go 2!

Default Re: I'm Not Ready

just case shes one doesn't mean you have to wean...
    As long as baby is nurseing well 3-4 times in 24 hours you don't have to worry about milk subs.
    lots of moms pump wean at a year or year and a half and then go on to just nurse when mom and baby are together..

Would I stop if i were in your shoes? Probably- because I HATE pumping and after 13 months I'd probably be ready to quit. But it really doesn't matter what I would do. If you want to continue, go for it! It's great for your baby and it's great for you. Win-win.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Are you asking about stopping BF or stopping pumping? I stopped pumping at 14 months because my DD stopped drinking bottles on her own. But we are still nursing at almost 32 months and I am pregnant. I don't know how much longer she is going to nurse but lately she's only nursing at night. This started a little after I became pregnant.

So to answer each question. Yes, I would stop pumping if you don't think she needs the milk anymore when you are away, but No I would not stop nursing.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Andrea-I have always pumped, so I cant really just nurse when we are together.

Mommal-I want to stop pumpung, but at the same time I just dont know. I do have one question, what if I feel guilty, or regret after my milk is gone? Is that normal?

Babygirl05-I am asking if it is worth to still pump. I have never been able to nurse. I EP for my girl.
    My little surprise born 2 December 2009 7 lbs 1 oz 20 inches.

Our goal is 1 year, but I'm willing to go 2!

Mommal-I want to stop pumpung, but at the same time I just dont know. I do have one question, what if I feel guilty, or regret after my milk is gone? Is that normal?
    Totally normal to feel regret. When my three year-old weaned, I was very ready for that to happen, yet at the same time I missed nursing her! If you decide to pump-wean, and then feel guilt or regret, you can always pick up the pump again and regain your supply. Though how much you'd regain... It's hard to say, especially if you've struggled with supply for a long time.

It's a tough decision, I know!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*hadassah View Post
    Babygirl05-I am asking if it is worth to still pump. I have never been able to nurse. I EP for my girl.
    OIC. I didn't realize that. to you for being able to do it all this time I think I'd feel conflicted as well.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby