Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Madela Pumps and Bottles?

Default Madela Pumps and Bottles?

Hello everyone-

I am new to the forum. Pregnant with twins and plan to start pumping 8 weeks pp so I can be away from home for about 5 hours per week plus maybe a date night when the grandmas are reading to babysit?? Then, when the babies are 7 mos or so, I will be back to work full time.

Here are my questions. Please excuse my newness to this..

I am registering for the Madaela freestyle- are the same bottles that are compatible with the other Madela pumps good with the freestyle as well?

Also, I see some older recommendations for bottles that coordinate with the Madela pumps. Any updates/new suggestions recently? I am considering glass bottles.

Also, will I be able to store directly into the bottles and freeze? Plastic or glass?

Lastly- I am also open to nipple recommendations.

Thank you for your guidance!

Default Re: Madela Pumps and Bottles?

What I know of medela, the bottles all work together. If you are pumping for twins when you return to work you may want to consider a hospital grade pump.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

You might not want to freeze in bottles because it takes up so much room. I use Laniosh bags. The Medela ones are expensive! I only freeze in the bags.

hospital grade pump with twins.

Congrats on your babies, mama. Maybe check out the mulitples forum and pregnancy.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Not only all the medela bottles, many others too. I used evenflo glass bottles and pumped directly into them. I do not know about freezing the glass bottles though When I froze in bottles I used these which were just too small for a 3oz feeding (the most my daughter ever got).

I never had much of a freezer stash though (I hate pumping and had thrush early on so couldn't get much done before I went back to work).
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Did you ever pump into glass bottles hands-free? If so, did it make the pump to heavy on your breasts?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*durhamgrrl View Post
    Not only all the medela bottles, many others too. I used evenflo glass bottles and pumped directly into them. I do not know about freezing the glass bottles though When I froze in bottles I used these which were just too small for a 3oz feeding (the most my daughter ever got).

I never had much of a freezer stash though (I hate pumping and had thrush early on so couldn't get much done before I went back to work).
    First time mom of twins- Memorial day premies 2011.

I did. It is heavier than the plastic bottles by far. But as long as you are using some heavy duty support (think the pumping bustiers rather than hair ties) it is doable. Or at least it was for me. But I can't pump more than about 4oz at a time. The women who can pump 8 might have more issues
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.