Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really worried about return to work

Default Re: Really worried about return to work

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenna562 View Post
    Well you're in good company cuz I'd venture to guess that almost all of us put our kids down at that age, it will get easier, but mama this is a SHORT time in your baby's life and it will pass in the blink of an eye, lay down, nurse to sleep and get back for some couple time....or not. Hang in there it won't. Last forever.
    I still do. I work all day, so I really, really miss Joe during the day and it's nice to snuggle at bedtime. In all of my bedtime struggles, I've never had a problem with not wanting to put Joe down with snuggles and nursing (that is, bc of my job, I do enjoy that time). But I do sneak away once he's asleep to hang with DH. I only fall asleep SOME of the time. Hey, I'm tired!
    Last edited by @llli*joe.s.mom; January 12th, 2011 at 08:36 PM.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I haven't yet been able to sneak away. LOL As soon as I slip out of the bed she roots and doesn't find me and whammo - we have screaming baby.

I usually don't have any problem getting her to settle and sleep when we go to bed, but we're often much later than I think she should be getting down. We shoot for 9, but sometimes it's 10 or 10:30 and I'm afraid she isn't getting enough sleep.

I often wonder how in the world bottle feeding moms can actually get up, make a bottle and deal with all of that in the middle of the night. That alone would KILL me.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*drenee73 View Post
    I haven't yet been able to sneak away. LOL As soon as I slip out of the bed she roots and doesn't find me and whammo - we have screaming baby.
    Gotcha. Okay, yeah, Joe was like this for a long time. But it does get easier. As babies get older, they sleep more soundly and it's easier to sneak away. My baby also liked to have a boob in his mouth to sleep, but I would just consistently unlatch him and only relatch if he fussed or rooted, and eventually, he learned to let me unlatch. (This is a technique from Elizabeth Pantley's No Cry Sleep Solution, btw - the "Pantley pull off").

Will your baby sleep on your lap while you hang out with DH? When Joe was very little we did this a lot.

It will get easier, I promise. Your baby is still very little.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I just finished the No Cry Sleep Solution and I've been starting to work some of the tips in the book - the unlatching thing for sure. She doesn't let me get away with it yet. LOL She went on for over an hour the other night and I finally gave up so I could sleep.

Yeah, she will settle and "sleep" in my lap - boob in mouth though... that's the only way. We managed to watch a movie tonight and now Daddy's getting her in pj's so I could jump on line real quick.

I know she's going to be out of all this stuff soon enough. I just wish **SOMETIMES** that she'd let us practice for her baby brother.