Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Just Pumping

Default Just Pumping

Uhm...Pardon my bad english.

I have a 3 week old B/B. I started nursing the first week, but I have a problem in my spine and I couldnt handle the backpain. So I've been pumping for two weeks now, and bottle-feeding it to my baby. I make 4oz every 3hr 1/2...

Sooo...is that alright!? I feel like I'm not producing enough milk...Even tough I'm taking a natural supplement for increasing breastmilk production.

Default Re: Just Pumping

Here is a really good article about how much and how often you should be pumping to build and maintain a good supply of milk in the early weeks. The key points are:

• aim for 25-27 ounces per day
    • pump 8-10 times per day, 30 minutes per session
    • don't go more than 5-6 hours without pumping

Here is a good article about how much milk baby needs. Most babies take about 25 ounces per day between 1 and 6 months.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Default Re: Just Pumping

Would a nursing pillow like the My Brest Friend, which secures around you, help at all with your back pain? http://www.mybrestfriend.com/products/original-pillow
    First-time mom to Little Manatee (1/7/2010)

Nursed for 3 1/2 years!

My little boy is my everything.