Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: We are done....

Default We are done....

LO is 25 months and I am 16 weeks pregnant and my nipples are in excruciating pain during nursing so we are done. LO was only nursing at nap, bedtime, and once through the night and for only a few minutes. It's been 4 days and it's went pretty well. The hardest is in the middle of the night but walking, talking, rocking, and snuggling are making it easier for both of us. Kinda sad to see it end but definitely need the break and rest before the next one comes in May and I get to start all over. She is still in our bed some at night but is spending more and more time in hers in her room. I was planning on waiting until Christmas break but the pain was getting unbearable so we quit early. She is the first of my three I have nursed past 3 weeks so I am very proud of what we have accomplished!
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel

Default Re: We are done....

Congratulations on breastfeeding for 2 years! An accomplishment indeed.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

That's a terrific accomplishment! Will your LO take a cup, sippy or bottle of water at night? Sometimes a night-waking toddler really is thirsty!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

We keep a sippy with water close but she usually just wants to snuggle so that's what we have been doing. We had one really rough night due to her having gas bad. Not sure what is causing it but I am watching more what she is eating since this has been an off and on problem for the last couple months. I usually get her down by rocking but she will sometimes go down by laying with her big sis of an evening and watching cartoons in the middle of the day but I enjoy the snuggle time I get she is a lot more huggy since her ninis are done. She will still ask about once or twice a day but I just remind her that they are REALLY sore(and they still are) and that she is a big girl now! I am almost 17 weeks along and can't believe how sore my nipple still are I am glad I decided to wean because it is terrible right now! I am not engorged but a lil full still but she wasn't nursing much anyway. I will be a lurker for a bit but back to nursing our new little one when it gets here in May. We will find out what baby is on the 23rd of Dec if baby cooperates LOL Thinking Blue all the way!!!!
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel