Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaving bf toddler for the first time

Default Re: Leaving bf toddler for the first time

If you pump, you'll be fine. I've known a few Mom's to go on week long trips and their LO's picked right up where they left off.

They also pumped and dumped so they could "partake in the festivities". They had a great time, they reconnected with their DH's and their LO's did fine as well. Go for it! Maui will be INCREDIBLE!!
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sadie04 View Post
    I have the opportunity to join my husband on an all expense paid trip to Maui later this month. I was planning to go however now I am having second thoughts! My son is soon to be 17 months old and is still nursing 4-5 times a day. He is drinking cows milk and eating plenty of solids, so that isn't a concern. However I am afraid he'll wean while I am gone. I have worked so hard to nurse him for this long and would like to continue until he is at least 2. Is the trip worth it? I am thinking perhaps I should just stay home!!!!
    I could have written this post exactly, except instead of Maui, insert Tulsa, OK... not as exciting, LOL! But my trip is coming up in a couple weeks and I'm so afraid DS will wean while I'm gone.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

I'd go on an expense paid trip to Maui. And I have never actually been away from my 5 year old overnight. (We took him with us to Maui last year. ) BUT don't let the idea of him weaning while away be the reason you don't go. He will more than likely climb right into your lap reconnect and then ignore you for two days to let you know he's mad you left. But it will be fine. Expense paid trips to Hawaii, how often do THOSE come around???

Way too lazy for formula