Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GRRRRR. Any advice greatly appreciated!

Default Re: GRRRRR. Any advice greatly appreciated!

what it is with the desperation to have the other boob in hand! My dd is exactly the same. positively ferocious about getting access to it. Sorry no advice, just understanding!

Yep - totally ok to set boundaries and teach some nursing manners. My other breast is off limits. I also do not allow any behaviors that hurt me - no hitting me in the face or other pinching. At bed time he often is a little crazy. I'll give him my hand to play with. And after getting poked in the eye I'll gently hold (restrain) his hand if needed. I have and will again stop a nursing session with "ouch stop! no biting (or hitting or whatever) - that hurts mommy!"
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

So I wore a nursing tank under my shirt today. *sigh* Which means that I have to fiddle to get her access and I'm almost as annoyed as she is.

Today has just been a ROUGH day all around. She's throwing toddler temper tantrums every ten minutes (they only last a minute, but still) and being crazy whiny. And right now she's laying on the floor sobbing because I wouldn't let her play with the computer printer. Life is SO HARD when you're 17-months-old.

I have been giving her the mommy necklace to play with while nursing and trying super hard to keep her away from the "other" boob. I did just stop a nursing session because she twiddled.

And she got "bit" by two of the cats today for pulling their hair/tails. The cats put their teeth on her sleeve and stared her down. I let them. How did my amazingly gentle, sweet, even tempered infant turn into this? I know she's still in there, I've seen it, it's just these bouts of temper and striking out are NOT fun!
    Kirsten, Full-Time Mother To:
    Veronica Nova
    8/9/2009

I am generally or or both
    I cloth diaper and nurse in public, proudly!

And with our ped's blessing, I'm raising a vegetarian baby who is half my height at 1-year-old!

No good advice but tons of understanding

DD is 25 months old and her pinching and scratching the other breast is beyond unbearable. I wish when she was younger I would have really spent the time making sure she understood it was not acceptable. Now i'm so tired all the time that when given the choice between letting her hurt me and going to sleep, or not hurting me and throwing a tantrum at midnight....I usually just let her do it

Hope you manage to get your DD to stop soon
    First time mom to Kalyna born December 14th 2008

Born: 7lbs 7oz
    Month 1: 8lbs
    Week 5: 8lbs 6oz
    Week 7: 9lbs 5oz
    Week 9: 10lbs 2.6oz
    Week 17: 14lbs 7oz

Nursing a 3.5 year old!
    Love , and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*eco.mommy View Post
    How did my amazingly gentle, sweet, even tempered infant turn into this? I know she's still in there, I've seen it, it's just these bouts of temper and striking out are NOT fun!
    Yup. Sometimes I have a beautiful, lovable, funny, smart, inspirational 2 year old. Sometimes she's replaced by this whining, screaming, foot stomping troll.

Luckily the troll only visits for short bits of time, even if the visits are unannounced.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

I did not realize how common this is! I've been battling my 22 month old son for a year and some months now with no change in the behavior on his part. I absolutely cannot stand him fiddling with my other nipple as it tickles like crazy and although I have not allowed him to do this (I remove his hand immediately, always), he does not seem to change. Only when he's nursing at night does he not move his hands at all! Just keep stopping your baby no matter what!
    Proud Momma to Emmanuel Stephen (2/14/09).

22 months and counting!
    :

Okay, so I'm not bleeding anymore (yay) but we are still having to redirect her away from pinching/pulling at the other nipple. And even with a nursing tank on she will wriggle her little paw right down in there to get the boob. Sometimes she plays with the necklace, but it is hit or miss there.

The tantrums are still happening but some days are way better (or worse) than others. I'm shocked at this developmental stage since she is my only baby and I wasn't a baby sitter other than for my sibs when I was younger. I'm actually very relieved that the cats aren't letting her hurt them anymore.

Thank you everyone for your support and understanding and letting me know I'm not alone. <3
    Kirsten, Full-Time Mother To:
    Veronica Nova
    8/9/2009

I am generally or or both
    I cloth diaper and nurse in public, proudly!

And with our ped's blessing, I'm raising a vegetarian baby who is half my height at 1-year-old!