Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Does this mean that my period has returned??

Default Does this mean that my period has returned??

Hola everyone~Sorry if this is TMI, but I noticed a slight brownish discharge today and am 8 weeks postpartum. I am exclusively breastfeeding, but I have gone 6 to 8 hours at night when LO is sleeping. I try my best to get up and pump if she's sleeping, but sometimes I have slept right through and awoken to very full breasts that are super ready for LO's boobie buffet that usually goes all morning to make up for her big sleep. In the meantime I am wondering if this means the return of my period. I was just hoping to have my cake and eat it too, meaning that I really don't want my period to return since I am exclusively breastfeeding, but perhaps she is going too long without eating that this plan has backfired. Any thoughts? I just REALLY am hoping that a little bit of discharge is normal and not indicative that regular periods are this soon on the horizon!

Default Re: Does this mean that my period has returned??

I had bleeding then with all four of my babies, and then the older I got the longer it stayed away...

But you never know each mom is diffent. IF baby is sleeping all night and you don't want another you'd beter look into birth control or do not dtd....

Good to know! I have my hands full with my wee one right now, so it's def worth my while to wake her for feeding during the night. We're cautious parents regardless, but I was hoping to keep those monthly visits away for at least a good 6 months!

I stopped bleeding around like 3 or 4 weeks PP, but I noticed if I started to do too much around the house, i would get a brownish discharge. I then just took it easy and focused on me and DS and either let DH do the laundry or id only do a little bit at a time and continued to take it easy.

My period didn't return until 1 day before DS turned 6 months and he had been STTN since around 3 months.
    Darylann

Married to my best friend 7/09
    Mommy to my Water baby T 10/29/09

Loving and Cloth diapering T's

expecting a 8/15/2011

I suppose like everything else with babies - this is something you can't predict either. I got a period around 12 weeks and was worried it would come back each month. . . I'm almost 10 months pp now and still no return of menses! If it's just some spotting I doubt it is really back. But making sure you're covered by using birth control is GREAT advice. Better safe until you are ready for another!