Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Medela: Pump In Style Advanced Shoulder Bag vs Metro Bag

Default Medela: Pump In Style Advanced Shoulder Bag vs Metro Bag

Hi,

I am deciding whether to get the Medela "Pump In Style Advanced Shoulder Bag" or the "Metro bag".

At first, I thought it was just a difference in the bag... but I think on the website, it says that the Metro has:

- Removable Pump Motor
    - Removable work space

Does anyone have the Metro and know what that means? Does it mean that with the shoulder bag, you can't take out the pump?

Recommendations?/Comments/Experience

Thanks

Default Re: Medela: Pump In Style Advanced Shoulder Bag vs Metro Bag

You can take the pump motor out of the PISA, is just doesn't have that nifty little case like the Metro does. You can see the metal parts on the back of the pump. I removed mine for travel because I didn't feel like dragging the shoulder bag along and it worked fine.

It's really just up to your preference I guess.
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie

Yes I think that is what it means. I have the back pack and the motor has to stay in there...however I've never wanted to remove it
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Being able to remove the pump is nifty, but be advised that the metro bag doesn't have any kind of closure on it, just a flap that closes over. I dumped almost everything out of it several times. When I had to return it to my friend that loaned it to me, I ended up buying the backpack. Just my personal preference.

The metro bag is pretty big, though, so if it would save you having to carry an extra bag/purse it might be worth it. You might want to rig some kind if snap/closure on it. I have to carry a laptop to work, so I'm carrying two bags anyway.
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

Sorry to the OP but do you mean that I can take mine out? I have the backpack.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Thumbs up Re: Medela: Pump In Style Advanced Shoulder Bag vs Metro Bag

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Jenna562 View Post
    Yes I think that is what it means. I have the back pack and the motor has to stay in there...however I've never wanted to remove it
    Ditto!
    Exclusive , ,Christian mommy!
    Bloggin' Mommy