Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pumping help!

Default Re: pumping help!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lsksam View Post
    Hmmm ... I used a Freestyle for over a year of pumping and it worked great for me.

I did NOT like the "soft fit" shields that it came with and used the hard (rigid plastic) breast shields like come with the PISA.

Thank you for sharing that I didn't know what to do about the pain from the soft fit

I have not had any issues with my Freestyle and like it very much. I've been pumping and working full time for almost 3 months and have been using the Freestyle since late August.

I am still on the original parts kit. I boil them periodically and use the steam clean bags each evening, and I hand wash my parts rather than send them through the dishwasher. I don't know if that plays a role or not.

I also pump on battery 95% of the time and have only noticed decreased suction when the pump battery indicator is flashing (i.e. the battery is almost dead).

I'm another mom who replaced the Soft Fit shields with hard shields in the next size up (I believe the 27 mm ones). The Soft Fit ones caused rubbing and pain.
    Katie - mom to Lily, 8/5/2010

Yeah, I've gone back and forth on the soft shields vs hard. I find that milk backs up in the shield for me when I use the soft shield and that causes part of the suction problem. Overall, it's been a big pain so I think I may try the PISA if Medela will let me return the freestyle -otherwise I'm stuck with it

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*hprmama View Post
    Yeah, I've gone back and forth on the soft shields vs hard. I find that milk backs up in the shield for me when I use the soft shield and that causes part of the suction problem. Overall, it's been a big pain so I think I may try the PISA if Medela will let me return the freestyle -otherwise I'm stuck with it
    Medela is sending me a new freestyle (sealed) so that I can return it to where I bought it and get the PISA instead. Had to talk to customer service. Try calling them. HTH