Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: stopped breastfeeding abruptly at 7 1/2 months

Default stopped breastfeeding abruptly at 7 1/2 months

My baby only has had breastmilk for the last seven and a half months. I work full time, so I pump at work. He takes the bottle and has been taking the breast fine. He has "gummed" me in the past while breastfeeding, but it did not occur again. In the last two week he has gotten his first two teeth. Two days ago, he bit down while he was breastfeeding and I instinctively yelled "NO, don't do that" He immediately began to cry very hard. Since that time, he will not latch and arches his back and cries when the breast is presented to him. This even occurs at nighttime feedings and in the morning. These used to be his best times to nurse. Is it possible that he is weaning this young? He eats a good variety of solid foods. Thank you very much for any help!

Default Re: stopped breastfeeding abruptly at 7 1/2 months

Sounds like a nursing strike. Here's a link on them and how to end them: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...to-breast.html
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: stopped breastfeeding abruptly at 7 1/2 months

Nursing strike :/
    Exclusive , ,Christian mommy!
    Bloggin' Mommy