Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: thrush?

Default thrush?

I think we may have thrush again. It has been almost a year since we got rid of it. DD has been super whiny. And I am grouchy. And she isn't sleeping well. And latch feels cruddy. So I was thinking teething and lack of sleep making me grumpy. But now I have little red spots around my nipples.

So, what do I look for in a big baby like DD? And do you treat it any differently? I will be calling the ped in the morning. Last time they just called in meds for both of us. But it was nystatin which didn't seem to help at all. Nothing did until diflucan and GSE in combo.

And, I have some one year old probiotics in the fridge, should I bother?

And there is lots of yummy sweet christmas food in the house, "ginger red" cookies, icecream, shortbread. And I just perfected my smoothie recipe ( the kids and I all shared straws and spoons last night)
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Default Re: thrush?

Wish I had the answers. How's it going today?
    Emma

J from Aug '06 to Nov '08 and S from April 2009

I am tired and mean and grumpy. All the little red dot are gone, but I have had an occasional shooting pain. She will NOT let me into her mouth. I really REALLY hope it is not thrush because there is just no way to sterilize everything that goes in her mouth.

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*durhamgrrl View Post
    I am tired and mean and grumpy. All the little red dot are gone, but I have had an occasional shooting pain. She will NOT let me into her mouth. I really REALLY hope it is not thrush because there is just no way to sterilize everything that goes in her mouth.
    Do you mean she won't let you take a look in her mouth?

I'll venture to hope that the red dots going away mean it's something else and is resolving on its own.

I hope you feel better soon (without having to sterilize anything!).
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lllkaren View Post
    Do you mean she won't let you take a look in her mouth?
    I think it is a combo of teething (both children) and viruses (both kids) and no breaks (that would be me).

Family beds are awesome