Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Tips for Pumping WHILE Nursing w/o $$$ bras

Default Tips for Pumping WHILE Nursing w/o $$$ bras

Soooo Ive started pumping some in preparation for my return to work. I have an almost 4 year old whom I feel is already getting shafted (a little) by the amount of time spent nursing, but now to pump after nursing and we're getting ridiculous!

I know they make special bras, but having already spent a small fortune on nursing bras and tanks, Im looking for a free or inexpensive idea for how to pump and nurse at the same time. Or even just advice from moms who have accomplished it!

I know Kellymom has the hair elastic trick, but my first run at this didnt work because the hair ties were too stretchy and it wasnt tight enough to hold the horn to my breast. I'll give that another try with brand new elastics or smaller ones from my DD
    Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Default Re: Tips for Pumping WHILE Nursing w/o $$$ bras

You can cut holes in an old sports bra, or probably any bra for that matter.

And I would pump right before I went to bed, and first thing in the morning while the kids were still sleeping to get those extra sessions in.

Pumping while nursing never really worked for me after they were a few months old. As soon as the baby figured out what was going on next door they were no longer interested in nursing, just wanted to play with the pump.

Good luck!
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie

Default Re: Tips for Pumping WHILE Nursing w/o $$$ bras

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jezebel View Post
    You can cut holes in an old sports bra, or probably any bra for that matter.
    this is what i recommend to mamas all the time. just make your own

i too tried to sneak in an extra pumping session in the morning after the first feeding when i was most full and then again at night once DS fell asleep.
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!