Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

View Poll Results: Quit Sterilizing Daily or Not - Past thrush drama

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep on keeping on. May as well not chance it.

0 0%
  • Give it up! Enough with your paranoia already. It's gone.

2 50.00%
  • Sterilize once a week for the heck of it.

2 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: POLL: Thursh Paranoia - Time to give up sterilizing

Default POLL: Thursh Paranoia - Time to give up sterilizing

So, I had what was "thrush" for nine longgggggg weeks when DD was 2-4 months. I did EVERYTHING under the sun for it. Long story short - I was in with over 30 days of gentian violet, GSE, etc. etc. etc. etc. I just stopped because I was having no pain. DD's tongue stayed a little white. But I just quit with all of the thrush treatment drama.

So, with that drama I took to steralizing all of my pump parts (I'm a WOHM) every night with Medela Quick Clean bags (which I love for their ease, btw, and they kill thrush).

Fast forward - My DD is over 10 months old. I'm still pumping at work and still sterilizing everything every night with the bags. I've not had an outbreak of "thrush" pain since. I nurse at home on demand.

DD still has a pesky white tongue, but I have no pain. Would you stop using the sterilizing bags now? Maybe I should just use them once a week? Am I in over kill mode with my thrush paranoia?

WWYD?
    Last edited by @llli*yoginimama; January 3rd, 2011 at 05:12 PM.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Default Re: POLL: Thursh Paranoia - Time to give up sterilizing

I sterilized once a week for the hell of it though I was lucky in that I got rid of the thrush before I had to pump (though it did mean I had no stash - just the first day at work's supply).

It took me moths to stop taking GSE pills as a "precaution" though. I took a really low dose for a LONG time. I understand.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.