Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Could this be AF after 15 months?

Question Could this be AF after 15 months?

Hello,

I am currently nursing our dd, who is now 15.5 months old, about 4 times a day. I've heard that when a mom's AF returns that it can vary from light spotting to heavy bleeding. Can the light spotting be "one spot" and only last that one day? Could it possibly be something else? Maybe dishcharge of some sort?

Thanks in advance!
    \

Default Re: Could this be AF after 15 months?

Mine came back at 15 months pp for the first time. Are you sure that you are not pregnant? Sometimes some women have some slight spotting when the egg implants? I know that I had "symptoms" of my period for a long time before it finally came, no spotting though?

Well, I was thinking the same thing about the possibility of implantation bleeding...the spotting is similar to when it occurred when I was pregnant. I have been having really sore breasts, too, but I'm fairly certain the soreness stems from my dd's teething (she leaves teeth imprints after she nurses...still, after repeatedly trying to discourage this bad habit). Gosh, I don't know, though.

Anyhoo, I'm still hoping that someone out there has had a similar situation. Thanks so much for your thought, carla

I had 4 episodes of spotting before my first 'proper' AF. As i was charting i knew it wasn't AF in the true sense as i had not ovulated, it was annovulatory breakthrough bleeding. Basically my body had been gearing up to ovulated for the first time PP and had not quite managed it, but the increase in hormones meant that a minimal amount of uterine lining had been produced and therefore had to be excreted. It was a small amount over a period of 3 ish days. Of course this may not be the case for you, but just throught i'd share!!

Often some women spot a very small amount actually on ovulation, so it may be a sign that AF is close.

I got mine around 18 months and it was very light spotting, and i also had symptoms for what seemed like a month before it actually came. You might want to take a PT to be sure though.

Aha....I got my period today. The one spot was probably the start of it all (this had happened a few weeks ago before I posted). I'm happy because we're closer to conceiving (which is what we'd like to happen) but no so happy now that AF is here (cramping).

I did actually take a PT just in case the other day, but, of course, it was negative. I was sad...I kept waiting for the 2nd line! In time, and the right time, is when it will happen.

Thanks so much for all the suggestions!

I know that feeling all to well. It took us 2 years to conceive after bfing dd almost 3 years. I took so many of those test just praying for that second line. I hope it happens easily for you.

jaclyn

I'm sorry but what is AF?

Wink Re: Could this be AF after 15 months?

AF stands for Aunt Flow or a woman's period.