Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: is this a thrush symptom?

Default is this a thrush symptom?

I'm worried that we have thrush. The only well- known symptom, though, is my pain. I can't tell if ds has white in his mouth, because he won't let me look, but I have noticed his poopy diapers smell VERY yeasty, like when you are making bread at home - the yeast and warm water solution. Is that a symptom? thanks in advance.

Default Re: is this a thrush symptom?

Your ds doesn't have to have symptoms for you to have thrush.

Can you tell me more about your symptoms? Please describe your pain and tell me *when* you feel it.

Here is some information that might help:
    www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/thrush.html

oh, i know he doesn't have to have symptoms, I was just wondering if that yeasty smell is a symptom. My pain fits the bill from what I've read about thrush. I think I/we have had it for a while, too, stemming from being put on antibiotics during labour (for no particular reason, I might add!) My nipples are shiny and bright pink, persistent pain during let-down and after feedings despite adjusting and readjusting latch. I have a doctor's appt on Wednesday and plan to bring this up. I am mostly just curious about the smell of Adam's bm's, as I have not come accross this symptom in all my readings. Thanks

What a sweet baby Look under his lips that should be an easy way to check. Also when we had thrush I had a shooting like pain in my breasts and the latch on was almost unbearable? Try taking some Acodophilus for you and Adam, a couple days on those and you all should be feeling better, also do things like change your breast pads often and wash your bras in hot water and vinegar. Best Wishes

thanks - i've been doing all these things for quite a while, to no avail. Last night I finally persuaded Adam to show me his tongue - it is covered in white - i think it's time for the big guns - a prescription. We have our pp appointment tomorrow morning.

A white tongue does not always mean Thrush?!? Can be milk, did you look under his lips and in the pockets of his cheeks, get a little flash light and that should be helpful.

Hi Stacey,
    I have not heard about the "yeasty" smelling BM's! Doesn't mean they don't exist, though! Good luck to you with your appointment tomorrow! Keep us updated.

BTW, here is a link to some widely accepted information on treating Thrush, if you are interested. (Not LLL)

http://www.kellymom.com/newman/c-candida_protocol.html

Good luck!

Talking Re: is this a thrush symptom?

Thanks everyone for the advice. I think I got my wires a little crossed though - easy to do when "speaking" with only written words, lol! - I've done my homework and am quite certain this is thrush we're dealing with - I was just wondering if anyone had heard about the yeasty poo before. It seems like it would be an obvious symptom, but I've never heard of it before.