Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: thinking of renting...symphony or lactina?

Default thinking of renting...symphony or lactina?

I am thinking of renting a pump since my PISA is not doing the job of keeping my supply up. I can either rent a symphony for $60 or the lactina for $30. I was leaning towards the lactina based on price. I used the lactina with my first LO 5 years ago but I don't remember much about it to compare. I've used the symphony recently and have access to it at work. If I got the lactina would it hurt to switch between the 2? Any opinions would be appreciated!

Mom to Mark (preemie 10/05) 3 months and Mallory (5/10) 5 1/2 months 2 months

Default Re: thinking of renting...symphony or lactina?

I never used the lactina but I know the symphony worked wery well to boost my supply.is lactina a double pump too?I remember seeing it at the pharmacy and looked like a single pump to me.
    you definitely want to double pump if your supply is low.
    I'm Lisa,SAHM to M. 5/14/09 my velcro boy!

we made it to 19 mos!!! no end in sight
    always and (I'd like to have a just LO and mom cosleeping smilie...)
    food sensitivity to dairy,apple and orange
    we just started to put cloth on
    if I'm here I'm
    love this forum!!!

I've used both and prefer the lactina (which is a double btw) by far! The reason I prefer it to the symphony is that you set the speed and suction strength. The Symphony is more like the PIS with its two settings. I found that the lactina was much more effective for me. Hope that helps!

I've never used either, but just wanted to add I got a totally refurbished Ameda Elite for about $200 or $250 can't remember, on eBay, used it the entire time I was working and then re-sold it and got all my money back when I was done.

If you need it for a long term investment there are deals to be had out there! Part of me wishes I had kept it. I had a much better response to it than my PISA.
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joppasmoot View Post
    I've used both and prefer the lactina (which is a double btw) by far! The reason I prefer it to the symphony is that you set the speed and suction strength. The Symphony is more like the PIS with its two settings. I found that the lactina was much more effective for me. Hope that helps!
    All of this.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?