Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: need encouragement

Default need encouragement

Hello all my hubby is in the army and is away at school right now i am at home with my son who is almost 4 and a baby who is 4 months that i am BFing here since he has been gone she has been getting up every half hour or so at night time and i am starting to get tired now i cant nap during the day cause of my son and i am up most nights till about 1 or 2 cause my son wants his dad and is upset i love bfing my dd but i need sleep do you all think that she is doing this casue she senses that he is gone or is it a growth spurt i just don't want to stop feeding her what can i do to hang in there.

Default Re: need encouragement

You poor thing! I couldn't imagine doing it all alone. You deserve a huge HUG! It probably is a growth spurt, although I don't know when the "official" spurts are. Is there anyone that can come over to give you a break for a few hours? You really need some sleep to refuel. Perhaps there is a friend that will take the older one for the afternoon so you can sleep with the baby. I'm sure I have been no help, but I do hope that it gets better for you. I know that it can be difficult. Good luck!

She is doing a little better now slept more last night hopefully she wont do this the whole time, hubby is gone till mid of dec. We arent by a military post cause there isnt one close by he is recruiting right now and i still dont know anyone so it is all me. I should be used to him being gone but this is first time with 2 kids and no family or friends close by guess i just need support cause i am missing him.

Why don't you hunt down your local LLL group? It would be a great way to meet people, especially women with children. Here is the page for Texas. You could make some friends, get some one on one help and keep busy while your husband is away. You shouldn't have to do this alone - go find help! Good luck!

thank you will do.