Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 6 weeks today... and has been EBF all day..are we turning the magical 6 week corner??

Default 6 weeks today... and has been EBF all day..are we turning the magical 6 week corner??

Wow. My son turned 6 weeks old today, and has been EBF since 2:30 am. No real fussing or fighting, screaming or crying, from either of us when we have been breastfeeding. That's like, 9 times! In a row! He hasnt even been screaming for milk at the end or during a feeding!

I know I may have a few more rough patches, but could we finally be turning the proverbial 6 week corner??

PLEASE let it be a a holiday miracle, and let it be true!!

Default Re: 6 weeks today... and has been EBF all day..are we turning the magical 6 week corn

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*thatheathergirl View Post
    I know I may have a few more rough patches, but could we finally be turning the proverbial 6 week corner??

PLEASE let it be a a holiday miracle, and let it be true!!
    Dang, I hope so!!! Go, baby GO!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Default Re: 6 weeks today... and has been EBF all day..are we turning the magical 6 week corn

Hi, I'm Faith, a Wife, Mom, Stepmom and SAHM
    I married my best friend Rodney on October 17, 2009
    DS1 Andy Born May 11, 2002
    DS2 Ethan Born May 18, 2009 Nursed 2 years 7 months & 2 days
    DSS1 Benjamin Born September 24, 1989

Well? Did it last?

Way too lazy for formula

How are you doing today, mama?

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

How are things going mama? I know that having a couple of nurse ins did wonders for my nursing relationship. Hopefully you and baby are doing well!
    Penthouse

Mama to
    DS1 (9 years old...nursed for 7 months - how I wish this forum had been around back then!)
    DS2 (after nursing for a tad over two years, I *think* we are done )

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay.

Things were continuing on fantastic yesterday... we made it to about 36 hours of EBF... and then my brother and I got in a screaming, blow out, knock down drag out fight.

And then I found out my fiance finally found a job... in NH. and I am in SC Its only temporary as a contractor, but this means 1) I will be alone with the new baby for a few months, and 2) I have to scramble to find daycare before I go back to work on the 11th.

So, with all of that going on, I was basically freaking out and super stressed... and the baby wouldnt nurse again until 2 am this morning.

My mom told me from the beginning, breastfeeding is mental... your state of mind affects everything, from the baby sensing your tension when wanting to latch, to letdown, to supply...

and when I calmed back down again...voila. We have nursing again.

I think the endless issues have caused endless tension which has caused issues and on and on and on. Its amazing how the successes lead to subsquent successes, but so do the failures.

But it does seem the 6 week magic is continuing on, so far

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*thatheathergirl View Post
    Its amazing how the successes lead to subsquent successes, but so do the failures.
    Ah, man, I'm sorry you've had such a rough time of it! Right now, I would recommend just holeing yourself up, hermit-like, and trying to concentrate on nursing, nursing, nursing. Turn off the phones, tell your fiance you will discuss the moving plans in detail next week but right now you have to get breastfeeding on track, tell your brother you love him but now is not the time, etc.

You need to take care of YOU, so that YOU can take care of this baby.

Pick up some fun novels, watch some bad tv, take hot baths, restrict yourself to people you can have POSITIVE interactions with, for now. Whatever YOU do to feel less stressed, whatever works for you, DO IT.

Because once you get over that initial hurdle, you'll be able to breastfeed through good times, and bad. But I agree, while you and baby are both LEARNING how to do this, it's a bad time for huge drama in your life.

You can call me JoMo!