Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I think we have a case of THRUSH.. HELP!!!

Unhappy I think we have a case of THRUSH.. HELP!!!

So I am an exclusive pumper, is it possible for me to get thrush just through pumping? Ive noticed a few little white dots on my nipples today and during my pumping sessions, Ive been in pain AAAAAND I feel like I have some plugged ducts again

What do I do?!?!?!?!?! Help!!!!
    Mommy to 2 little boys
    Angel Gabriel 8/14/08 (didn't BF I was confused and thought I didn't have milk)
    Damian Gabriel 10/7/10 (BF and I now know I have an OVERSUPPLY, better more than none, I wish I would've known what I know now with my first)
    and

Default Re: I think we have a case of THRUSH.. HELP!!!

Oh and can my LO get it even if he doesnt have direct contact with my breast?

Thanks again for any advice!
    Mommy to 2 little boys
    Damian Gabriel 10/7/10 (BF and I now know I have an OVERSUPPLY, better more than none, I wish I would've known what I know now with my first)
    and

I'm sure someone will post an actual link with some more information...but I don't have a lot of time right now and just wanted to at least reply.

You can definitely get yeast without directly breastfeeding...yeast infections love warm, damp places - which is exactly what our breasts become when producing milk.

And you can transfer the yeast to baby through the milk - I was told when I was done with all my medication to treat the yeast to get rid of any milk I had pumped during that time and to sterilize any bottles & pump accessories, as well as wash my bras, shirts, sheets (anything that might have had leaked milk on it) in extra hot water.

If I can get back on later, I'll try to post a link - but in short, yes it could be yeast even though you're not directly breastfeeding.

Good Luck! I hope you feel better soon!

with the PP, but what you describe makes me think of nipple blebs more than thrush: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/nipplebleb.html
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thank you for your replies.

@mommal- I just looked at the picture of the nipple bleb, its def not that... I was also told what if its mastitis? Ugh, this is so horrible
    Mommy to 2 little boys
    and

how old is your baby?

If you think its thrush get to the doctors earlier than later. If you don't want to see the doctor (and I don't think the medicine they give out works anyways) use gentian violet. You can get it from the pharmacy. I used it twice a day, put it on your nipples and in your baby's mouth (use a q-tip). It stains like crazy! Put some olive oil on your baby's face before you treat baby. I don't have the link but look up Dr Newman breastfeeding clinic for more info.
    Mother to the wonderful Teya - born June 21, 2010

Wife to Pat Sept 13, 2008

We are and at school

My LO is 2 1/2 months
    Mommy to 2 little boys
    and

awe still very young...

lots of info here:
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/thrush/index.html

info about mastitis

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...-mastitis.html

are your nipples cracked or bleeding?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*manteconj View Post
    @mommal- I just looked at the picture of the nipple bleb, its def not that...
    FWIW, that is not the best picture. Blebs can look like clear or white raised blisters, or just small white dots that are flat to the skin.

I was also told what if its mastitis?
    If it's mastitis, in addition to pain and areas of plugged ducts/localized engorgement, you'd likely be experiencing some or all of the following:
    - body aches and pains
    - flu-like feelings or general malaise
    - red streaks or patches visible on the exterior skin of the breast
    - fever
    - chills

If you don't have those, then it's probably not mastitis.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"